Consultants should take the time to inform candidates on the challenges and opportunities (earning a good salary, building career skills) found in the industry. Even though recruitment industries have the tools to engage with students frequently, they aren’t using them to their full extent.
Since over 90% of teenagers surf the net on a daily basis, candidates are easily found online. Talent can also be attracted through partnering with schools by participating at open days and hosting job fairs.
Consultants can certainly do more to promote career choices to students by:
1. Boosting awareness to younger candidates (under 18)
2. Offering work experience placements
3. Identifying key skills (comprehend data & effective communication)
4. Attracting candidates through social media
5. Introducing what the industry has to offer